Milan Stanisavljević, a pianist, composer and educator started to play piano at the age of 9. In the beginning, he was attracted to classical music. Later on, the sounds of Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue caught his attention and slowly steered him into jazz. His very first jazz steps were made together with Belgrade jazz pianist Miloš Krstić. Milan went to University of Music and Performing Arts in Graz (Austria) where he studied with Harald Neuwirth, Claus Raible and Olaf Polziehn. He successfully completed his Master studies in 2010. In the meantime, he also graduated at Belgrade Music Academy (FMU) in the class of an esteemed Serbian composer and university professor Rastislav Kambasković. During his school days in Graz, he had an opportunity to study with and learn from great musicians such as Billy Hart, Ron McLure, Jerry Bergonzi, Dave Santoro, John Hollenbeck, Geofrey Keezer, George Cooligan, Peter Helbotzheimer, Howard Curtis, Fritz Pauer, etc.
Milan gained recognition with his own group Milan Stanisavljević Trio. His debut album Awakening (Celinka, 2011) was praised by both critics and audience. This CD earned four stars at prestige website All About Jazz. His latest album Soundquest (2015) was released on the Austrian jazz label Barnette Records. One of its songs entitled Old School was included in the compilation of Slovenian jazz 2015 (SIGIC).
He gave concerts in Austria, Germany, Italy, Montenegro, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia. He is also very active as a sideman in various projects, mostly on Slovenian jazz scene.
He collaborated with Stjepko Gut, Derick Gardner, Femi Temowo, Morten Ramsbol, RTV Slovenija BigBand, KUG Bigband, Jure Pukl, Jani Moder, Robert Jukič, Adam Klemm, Klemens Marktl, Christoph Pepe Auer, Ratko Divjak, Gašper Bertoncelj, Vladimir Kostadinović, Marko Djordjević, Milan Pavković, Aleksandar Cvetković, Elvis Penava, Miro Kadoić, Uglješa Novaković, Goran Rukavina, Pedja Milutinović, Jadranka Juras, Nina Strnad, Lenart Krečič, Igor Matković, Tomaž Gajšt, Jaka Kopač, Nikola Matošič etc.
Milan formed his trio in 2009 choosing Milan Nikolić on bass and Andjelko Stupar on drums as already established and proved rhythm section. He met Milan and Andjelko in Graz and started to work with them on his original songs, shaping his musical ideas and expressions, trying to find most intimate way to reach the listeners emotions. Their first album Awakening (Celinka, 2011) was very well received by both Slovenian jazz audience and international critics. Jerry D’ Souza from All About Jazz wrote:
“Milan evokes intimacy of a trio to set up some evocative images on his debut CD. The pianist has his vision and his focus in clear perspective.”
On his latest CD Soundquest (Barnette Records, 2015), Milan continues to explore possibilities of a piano trio. Their journey to unique trio sound is continued through various musical forms and moods, going from rhythmical Old School through peaceful Down to Earth to meditative Quiet Mountain. Tina Lešničar, a columnist from the newspaper Delo noticed:
“Milan takes time to evolve his lyrical themes, creating multiple expressions scoping from hesitation and expectation of the unknown to hope, curiosity, determination...His voicings create a new atmosphere here, grasping the essence of emotional states in an utmost articulate way.”
This trio has performed on various festival and concert stages both at home and abroad.
jadranka juras jazz quartet
JJJQ is project led by renowned Slovenian vocalist Jadranka Juras. She gained her reputation by recording two pop/soul/r’n’b albums and winning Slovenian popular song contest “Slovenska popevka” (2002). Her albums Anima (2006) and Sakura (2009) were widely accepted including radio hits like Ko bi le vedel, Drugače ne znam, Še vedno verjamem.
Her jazz project presents carefully chosen vocal jazz repertoire. You must belive in spring, The night we called it a day, Paris (Fritz Pauer), Water Mandala (Jadranka Juras) are some of the songs that can be heard in live performance and also on her latest album called Paris Honey (2015). Most of the songs has been arranged by pianist Milan Stanisavljević. Robert Jukič on double bass and Kristijan Kranjčan on drums enrich the album by sharing their musical experiences.
They have been performed at festivals and numerous concert stages in country and abroad: Jazz Ravne; Džjezz festival Celje; Festival Lent, Maribor; Poletje v stari Ljubljani; Festival Poleti v NUK; Jazz Kamp Kranj; KD Krško; Cvetličarna; Kino Šiška; Lokal Patriot, Novo Mesto; Poletni utrip, Piran; Alpe Adria Jazz Festival, Klagenfurt; Sally Bowles, Art Cafe Berlin...
femi temowo & milan stanisavljevic
Milan’s collaboration with Femi Temowo started in 2012 with an invitation of a friend Dominik Bagola (singer/songwriter) who joined these two musicians and helped organizing concerts across Slovenia. The idea was to present music from Femi’s first two albums Quiet Storm and Orin Meta. His music combined modern straight ahead jazz with West African rhythms and melodies coming from Femi’s African roots. Femi was born in Nigeria. Later he moved to UK (London). Early benchmarks in Femi’s career include collaboration with critically acclaimed jazz saxophonist and Hip Hop artist Soweto Kinch including nomination for the Mercury Music Prize and BBC Jazz award for best new group and several MOBO awards. Femi’s slick and melodic guitar sound has earned him a place besides many great musicians. He worked also as a music director for late, great soul singer Amy Winehouse.
Their first tour in Slovenia was successful. Musical and personal understanding between the two musicians, together with Robert Jukič on bass and Andjelko Stupar on drums, was genuine and inspiring, so they decided to continue playing together. They rearranged some of Milan’s original songs form his first album Awakening and added them to the repertoire. Milan Stanisavljević Trio feat. Femi Temowo performed a few concerts in Slovenia in 2013, including concert at Max klub Jazz Festival in Velenje.
adam & sandra klemm
Milan started to play with Adam (regular member of RTV Slovenia Big Band) in 2010. They have worked together in different formations from small jam sessions to big concert stages (Novi Sad Jazz Festival, Serbia; 22.JazzTime Festival, Rijeka, Croatia). Adam is known for his big and beautiful sound on tenor saxophone. He is also very skillful as a composer and arranger as well. He arranged cd “Nostalgija” (Celinka, 2015) for his wife and singer Sandra Klemm. For her latest project she decided to do homage to bosnian traditional folk songs known as “sevdalinka”, as well as for some of the most popular former Yugoslavian pop songs. Žute dunje, Što te nema, Sve moje jeseni su tužne are some of the known melodies that can be heard on her latest cd.
This band covers popular songs from various music genres. Original arrangements written mostly by guitarist Miha Koretič and personal music skills of acknowledged Slovenian musicians make this “party band” sounds fun and interesting for wide audience.
Aleksandra Čermelj - vocal
Lenart Krečič - t. sax
Miha Koretič - guitar
Milan Stanisavljević - keyboards
Miha Koren - bass
Janez Gabrič - drums
News & Updates
5. 5. 2017 International jazz day, J.J. Quintet, Gornji trg, Ljubljana
11. 5. 2017 Jadranka Juras Quintet, KD Nova Gorica, dobrodelni koncert
17. 6. 2017 Blue String Trio, Vodni stolp, Celje
21. 6. 2017 Lenart Krečič Quintet, France Institute, Ljubljana
12.-15. 7. 2017 FESTIVAL BLED, Poletna glasbena delavnica
2. 8. 2017 Adam Klemm Banda, Novi Sad, Serbia
3. 8. 2017 Adam Klemm Banda, Debrecen Jazz Festival, Hungary
4. 8. 2017 Adam Klemm Banda, Budapest jazz Club, Hungary
18. 8. 2017 Ratko Divjak Kvartet, Stari trg, Ljubljana
23. 8. 2017 Milan Stanisavljević Trio, Jazz Club Gajo, Ljubljana
25. 8. 2017 Invidia Quartet, 29. Mednarodni festival Noči v Stari Ljubljani
17. 11. 2017 Stanisavljević/Ugrin Duo, Vander CityHaus Ljubljana
23. 11. 2017 Solo Piano, Cekinov grad, Ljubljana
24. 11. 2017 Robert Glasper Afterparty Jam with Kopač/Stanisavljević/Čolović/Kranjčan
27. 11. 2017 Stanisavljević/Kopač/Jukič/Peršl, Maxi club, Ljubljana
1. 12. 2017 Stanisavljević/Klemm Duo, Vander CityHaus Ljubljana
25. 12. 2017 Mirna Bogdanović Quartet, Vetrinjski Dvor Maribor
31. 12. 2018 Lenart Krečič trio, Hotel Slovenija, Portorož
6. 1. 2018 Matošič/Stanisavljević duo, Vander haus, Ljubljana
18. 1. 2018 Matošič/Stanisavljević duo, Vander haus, Ljubljana
31. 1. 2018 Diana Čerenšek Book Release Presentation, Mimara muzej, Zagreb
1. 2. 2018 Klemm/Stanisavljević, Vander haus, Ljubljana
8. 2. 2018 Klemm/Stanisavljević, Vander haus, Ljubljana
7. 3. 2018 Matković/Divjak/Matosić/Stanisavljević, Prulček session, Ljubljana
8. 3. 2018 Klemm/Stanisavljević, Vander haus, Ljubljana
10. 3. 2018 Matošič/Stanisavljević duo, Vander haus, Ljubljana
5. 4. 2018 Jaka Kopač Quintet, Soho Ljubljana
11. 4. 2018 Klemens Marktl Quartet, Lustgarten Caffe, Klagenfurt
25. 5. 2018 Nikola Matošič trio, Savudija Kempinski Hotel, Hrvatska
28. 5. 2018 Jadranka Juras Quintet, Čin-čin , Ljubljana
29. 5. 2018 Dobrodelni koncert za Petra Deklevo, Jadranka Juras Duo, SiTi Teater Ljubljana
13. 6. 2018 Bobika Jukič quartet, Prulček jam, Ljubljana
28. 6. 2018 Milan Stanisavljević trio feat. Boštjan Simon, Repete, Ljubljana
10. 8. 2018 Bernard Z. & Milan S. Duo, San Simon, Izola
17. 8. 2018 Bernard Z. & Milan S. Duo, San Simon, Izola
19. 8. 2018 Adam Klemm Trio, Savudrija, Hotel Kempinski
23. 8. 2018 Milan Stanisavljević Quintet, Mednarodni festival "Noči v Stari Ljubljani"
23. 8. 2018 Jadranka Juras Sextet, Mednarodni festival "Noči v Stari Ljubljani"
24. 8. 2018 Bernard Z. & Milan S. Duo, San Simon, Izola
25. 8. 2018 Big Band Radovljica, koncert v Radovljici
31. 8. 2018 Bernard Z. & Milan S. Duo, San Simon, Izola
12. 9. 2018 Milan Stanisavljević trio, Prulček jam, Ljubljana
24. 9. 2018 Simon/Stanisavljević/Koren/Divjak, Čin Čin, Ljubljana
15. 10. 2018 Jaka Ahačevčič Quartet, Čin Čin, Ljubljana
8. 12. 2018 Bid Bang Radovljica, novoletni koncert v Radovljici
19. 12. 2018 B. Trček/ M. Stanisavljević duo, Kulturni dom, Radovljica
30. 1. 2019 Ladislav Rebrek trio, Prulček, Ljubljana
6. 2. 2019 Nikola Matošić Quartet, Prulček, Ljubljana
11. 2. 2019 Činčile - Čin čin, Ljubljana
22. 2. 2019 Milan Stanisavljević - Weight Of Thought, Ljubljanski grad
14. 3. 2019 Vander - solo piano
16. 3. 2019 Vander - solo piano
3. 4. 2019 Jadranka Juras Jazz Quintet, Kavarna Slamič, Ljubljana
8. 4. 2019 Ratko Divjak Quartet, Čin čin, Ljubljana
26. 4. 2019 Mednarodni dan jazza, Jadranka Juras Quintet, Velika Polana
30. 4. 2019 Mednarodni dan jazza, Jadranka Juras Quintet, Stari trg, Ljubljana
11. 6. 2019 Ange & Milan Duo, Kranjska Gora
14. 6. 2019 Žan Tetičković Trio, Festival mladih Maribor
15. 6. 2019 Amina Majetić & jazz cats, wedding party Kempinski, Portorož